Vedic astrology called Jyotish, the "Science of Light" has flourished in India for several thousand years. As one of the true ancient systems of astrology, Vedic or Hindu astrology is renowned for its spiritual depth and accuracy in predicting future events.
Influence of the Planets
Each planet has a unique characteristic and energy and its movements create forces that influence our daily life. The exact position of each planet at the moment of birth is intimately related to our personality. An experienced Vedic Astrologer can correctly describe one’s character, personality, inclinations, talents, and areas of success. Among other things, he can also help in determining an appropriate career or partnership and help prepare one for overcoming obstacles.
How does Vedic Astrology differ from Western Astrology?
Vedic Astrology is based on the Sidereal Zodiac as opposed to the Vernal Zodiac of Western Astrology. Vedic/Sidereal Astrology uses the fixed observable stars in the sky whereas Western Astrology is more time based, determining the beginning of the zodiac as corresponding to the start of the Vernal Equinox
In Vedic Astrology more emphasis is placed on the Moon than on the Sun. The moon represents the mind which is seen as the agency of perception and consequently is a major determining factor in how one interacts with the world.
Vedic Astrology is also sometimes called constellation astrology because it takes into account fixed stars called constellations. As a result, one considers not only the influence of the planets in a sign but also the subtle influences exercised by the constellations. This means that when a planet passes through a sign, it expresses the influence of the sign and is also tempered by the influence of the constellations of the sign.
One of the greatest benefits of Jyotish is that it gives us the opportunity to understand ourselves better as well as a new perspective with which we can make appropriate decisions in our lives.
How does Vedic Astrology work?
Vedic Astrology is the study of the interactions between the 9 planets, the 12 signs of the zodiac, the 12 houses and the 27 signs of the moon.
The 9 Planets Representation
- Sun or Surya: Self, confidence, father.
- Moon or Candra: The mind, emotions, mother.
- Venus or Sukra: Love, material comfort, wife.
- Mars or Kuja: Energy, passion, siblings.
- Mercury or Budha: Intellect, communications
- Jupiter or Guru: Spirituality, optimism, husband
- Saturn or Sani: Work, challenges.
- Rahu: Illusion, unknown, greed.
- Ketu: Unusual, detachment.
- 1st House: Personality, character
- 2nd House: Income, food, speech.
- 3rd House: Siblings, art, communication.
- 4th House: Mother, home, emotions.
- 5th House: Children, mind, creativity.
- 6th House: Health, enemies, service.
- 7th House: Spouse, partner.
- 8th House: Death, sexuality, the occult.
- 9th House: Spirituality, teachers, travels.
- 10th House: Career, status, father.
- 11th House: Friends, opportunities, goals.
- 12th House: Liberation, Meditation, Loses.
The 27 Nakshatras or Moon Signs.
Each night the Moon travels through a different nakshatra influencing one on a psychic, emotional and spiritual level. These nakshtras have been divided into 7 categories: SOFT, MOVEABLE, QUICK , MIXED , FIXED , HARSH , FIERCE.
Contact our Astrologers:
In U.S.A: Ragabha Pandit
Phone: (786) 325-5494
In Peru: Caitanya